Fast Eddy's by Cookshack Model FEC100 Pellet Smoker Oven
Fast Eddy's™ by Cookshack Model FEC100 Wood Pellet Smoker Oven
The Fast Eddy's™ by Cookshack FEC100 smoker is a 100% wood-burning, pellet-fired smoker with a Cookshack IQ5 electronic control system. The FEC100 is used by all types of barbecue operations. It meets requirements for all known barbecue competition sanctioning bodies.
NSF and USDA Approved. Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed.
The FEC100 has won dozens of competitions for its inventor Ed "Fast Eddy" Maurin and a host of other well-known professional BBQ competition cooks, due to its ease of use, and consistent results. It has also found a home in the best outdoor kitchens. Whether you smoke in your backyard or at cook-offs, the FEC100 will turn out great barbecue for you.
|Construction||Double Walled Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior|
Available in a reverse option if needed.
|Insulation|| Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas™ Insulation|
|Dimensions|| 45"W x 65"H x 24.75"D|
Note: for technical drawings and more detailed dimension download the PDF spec sheet
|Cooking Capacity|| 100 lbs. pork butts, 80 lbs. brisket, 60 lbs. ribs, or 24 chickens per load|
|Cooking Area|| 1,564 square inches or 11 sq. ft|
|Cooking Surface|| (4) 23" x 17" Nickel-Plated Steel Shelves - spaced 6.5" apart |
|Fuel Source|| 100% Wood, Food Grade Pellets; approx. |
|Pellet Heat|| |
- Pellet heat is controlled by a fully automatic wood pellet system.
- With continuous use, the FEC100 produces about 8 oz. of ash per 40 lbs. of pellets used which is a fraction of the ash produced by logs. Danger of a fire from removing hot ash and embers is eliminated, unlike log burners that require removal of live coals. No more hauling big buckets of hot ash and burning wood coals to the dumpster. In fact, you can empty ash with a saucepan rather than a trash can.
- Pellets are easily obtainable, inexpensive, and easy to store; available in a variety of flavors.
- Pellets are 100% food grade wood; no binders or additives. The pure wood smoke flavor cannot be beat.
- Unlike natural gas and propane, which are fossil fuels, pellets are a renewable resource. Fossil fuel prices are going out of sight; now is a good time to free yourself from depending on gas. Give yourself an "Atta boy" for going green.
- Pellets produce a clean burn for a better smoke flavor and they are more likely to pass emission standards requirements.
- Pellets produce low creosote buildup so that the smoker walls require less frequent cleaning.
- Loading pellets into the FEC pellet hopper is easy, just pour them in right from the bag.
- Storing clean plastic bags of pellets is far more desirable than a dirty woodpile on the premises!
- We have had former stickburner customers report that their health inspectors told them that they had to spray their big woodpile to rid it of bugs, but they could not use the wood for smoking as it had been sprayed! No hassles like this with an FEC!
|Fuel Usage|| .75 lbs. of pellets per hour at 250° F|
|Temperature Settings|| 180°- 350°F|
|Hopper Capacity|| 20 lbs. of pellets|
|Controllers/Firepots|| Cookshack IQ5 electronic control system features 3-stage or 2-stage cooking modes, meat probe mode, USB data port, and 8 programmable presets|
|Electrical Requirements|| 5 amps @ 120 VAC; 36,000 BTU burner; electronically-controlled IQ5 thermostat; auto-start; draft fan|
Power cord approximate length 52" (may vary by +/- 6")
|Certifications|| NSF and USDA Approved, and Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed (USA and Canada)|
|Standard Equipment|| Operator's Manual, Cookbook, 40 lbs. of Pellets, Casters, and a Spice Kit containing: 1 gal. Cookshack Signature Barbecue Sauce, 1 gal. Mild Barbecue Sauce, 5 lbs. Brisket Rub, 5 lbs. RibRub, 5 lbs. Spicy Chicken Rub, 10 oz. Chili Mix, and 10 oz. Cooshack Signature Barbecue Sauce Mix.|
|Optional Equipment|| Smoke Enhancer, Meat Probe, Rib Racks, Stainless Steel Grills, Pepper Popper Grills, Smoker Cover|
|Shipping Weight|| 416 lbs.|
- Pellets are a "green" renewable fuel source -- the FEC100 uses no gas! Fast start up, continuous even heat, and precise temperature control give you consistently delicious barbecue. There is no gas flavor after taste to overcome.
- Cookshack's proprietary IQ5 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use and gives you consistent results with every load. Its cook and rest feature is standard on all commercial FEC models. When the smoke-cook cycle has finished, the controller drops automatically to the rest temperature.
- The FEC100's optional meat probe allows users to specify a smoke-cook temperature. When the temperature is reached, the smoker automatically drops into a rest cycle.
- Electronically-controlled temperature eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat. Patented automatic wood pellet system is operated by the IQ5 controller. It knows when the smoker needs more fuel; you can go away and leave it to do its job without your attention.
- Easy, flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC rapidly up to smoking temperature. Burners stay on when doors are opened; heat recovery occurs in as little as 10 minutes. Some other smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up. This affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Flip a switch to auto-start; no tending a fire, cooks overnight with no attention needed.
- Consistent flavor results! With the FEC's precisely regulated patented wood delivery system there is no chance of having too much or too little smoke and changing the flavor of the meat.
- Because the FEC100 is 100% wood burning, for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. In gas units and stickburners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added, wood must be added as well. Since product is cooking while new wood is added, flavor is affected.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up. The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- No professional set up required, just roll it in place and get started!
- The FEC100's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This tough smoker is built on a tubular steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use 850°F Spin-Glas™ insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC100's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation, no fire danger (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
Ordering is through a secure server, and your purchase comes with Cookshack's Unconditional 30 Day Money Back Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied, return it within 30 days for a refund, credit, or replacement of the smoker. That's it. No hassles, no worries. If you don't like it, send it back. We will cheerfully refund your money, credit your account, or replace the item. So what are you waiting for? (Please note: Customer is responsible for payment of outbound shipping and return freight. We provide packing materials for all returned smokers except Fast Eddy's by Cookshack Models FEC500 and FEC750. Buyers of these units are responsible for packing, shipping and returning these units to us in good condition.) Cookshack's Limited Warranty is as follows: 90 days from date of purchase, parts and labor; 2 years from date of purchase, parts only. Replacement parts are warranted one year from date of purchase.
I'm the owner of a steakhouse in cheyenne wy where I have smoked ribs for the last 5 years on a trailer smoker a real pain
I got a FCE-100 I'm going to scrap my old smoker out
The FCE-100 is GREAT.My customers thought my ribs & brisket were great but now here at the Bunkhouse they can't get enough Well worth the cost. Rod
I own three FEC100's. We use at least two of them daily. 100 pounds of Porkbutts every other day. Beef, prime rib chicken all perfect every single time. Tony and Bill are the best customer service folks you will ever encounter. Regular maintenance, clean often, change your foil. stock an igniter or two and rock them. This unit is bulletproof.
I am late to the BBQ competition world. Before I made my decision on which cooker to buy, I did all the internet research on cookers. I finaly settled on the FEC 100 and I am sure glad I did. Now it's all about the recipes and cooking time and not about heat control and controling the fire. My ribs, briskets, chicken and pork butts all come out great, everytime. This Pellet cooker gives you repeatablity. Now I'm working on improving my recipes. You couldn't find a better made cooker anywhere, Fast Eddie doesn't make juke.
NO TWIG BURNER FOR ME, 2/18/2014
1st. place Ribs Nelsonville, OH 2013
1st. place Pork St. Leon, IN
8 top ten Briskets in 10 KCBS contests 2013
Ready to buy another
Best Smoker ever!!!, 9/5/2014
I have smoked meats for 25 years. I bought the Fec 100 and life became easy, all the food is better. I can do burgers for the family or prime rib for 250 people, other then prep work it takes the same amount of work! The meat is tender juicy, and that smokey smell and taste is the best! The people at Cook Shack are the best I have ever worked with. (All of them). Tony in customer care is a absolute wizard. I wish my mechanic was as good. Sooo buy it buy it! You won't regret it!!!
I've been smoking on my FEC100 for over 5 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything. I use it in competition as well as my small catering/vending business. It always produces excellent product and it's extreme easy to use. It's not only a great BBQ smoker but also bakes other items very well. It's like having a second oven at the house. Would recommend this unit to anyone.
Perfect Every time, 9/8/2014
PROs - Great BBQ, Consistant results, Cook temp not effected by outside temp, Easy clean up, Easy to operate, No bitter over smoke.
CONs - Control panel finicky in cool weather, seems to be common among others as well. (i have procrastinated calling customer support for a replacement) Hopper box paint is bubbling/peeling even though unit was kept out of the weather. Should be stainless like the FEC-120
Overall - Great unit that produces wonderful results. I recommend the FEC-100 to home cooks, restaurant owners and competitors