Fast Eddy's by Cookshack Model FEC120
Fast Eddy's by Cookshack Model FEC120
Combining the features of the FEC100 that has made it the most popular manufactured pit on the cook-off circuit, with the offset firebox of the Fast Eddy's by Cookshack & rotisserie units makes the FEC120 the perfect choice for restaurants, caterers, and competition cooks. NSF and USDA Approved. Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed (Approved USA and Canada) Commercial Cooking Equipment. For more information about the FEC120, watch these videos! FEC120 Start-Up FEC100/FEC120 Comparison
|Construction||Double Walled Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior|
|Insulation|| Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas™ Insulation|
|Dimensions|| 46"W (55"W with firebox door open) x 56.55"H x 32"D|
|Cooking Capacity|| 150 lbs. pork butts, 120 lbs. brisket, 90 lbs. ribs, or 30 chickens per load|
|Cooking Area|| 1,955 square inches|
|Cooking Surface|| (5) 23" x 17" Nickel-Plated Steel Shelves, spaced 4.75" apart|
|Fuel Source|| 100% Wood, Food Grade Pellets|
|Pellet Heat|| |
- Pellet heat is controlled by a fully automatic wood pellet system.
- With continuous use, the FEC120 produces about 8 oz. of ash per 40 lbs. of pellets used. Danger of a fire from removing hot ash and embers is eliminated, unlike log burners that require removal of live coals.
- Pellets are easily obtainable, inexpensive, and easy to store; available in a variety of flavors.
- Pellets are 100% food grade wood; no binders or additives. The pure wood smoke flavor cannot be beat.
- Unlike natural gas and propane, which are fossil fuels, pellets are a renewable resource. Fossil fuel prices are going out of sight; now is a good time to free yourself from depending on gas. Give yourself an 'Atta boy' for going green.
- Pellets leave behind about 3% of ash — a fraction of the 30% ash produced by logs. No more hauling big buckets of hot ash and burning wood coals to the dumpster. In fact, you can empty ash with a saucepan rather than a trash can.
- Pellets produce a clean burn for a better smoke flavor, and they are more likely to pass emission standards requirements.
- Pellets produce low creosote buildup so that the smoker walls require less frequent cleaning.
- Loading pellets into the FEC's hopper is easy — just pour them in right from the bag.
- Storing clean plastic bags of pellets is far more desirable than a dirty woodpile on the premises!
- We have had former stickburner customers report that their health inspectors told them that they had to spray their big woodpile to rid it of bugs, but they could not use the wood for smoking as it had been sprayed! No hassles like this with an FEC!
|Fuel Usage|| 1 lb. of pellets per hour at 250°F|
|Temperature Settings|| 160°-350° F|
|Hopper Capacity|| 20 lbs. of pellets|
|Controllers/Firepots|| Cookshack IQ4 electronic control system with one controller and one firepot|
|Electrical Requirements|| 7 amps @ 120 VAC; 36,000 BTU burner; electronically-controlled IQ4 thermostat; auto-start; draft fan; convection fan; 840 watts|
Power cord approximate length 53" (may vary by +/- 6")
|Certifications|| NSF and USDA Approved, and Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed Commercial Cooking Equipment (USA and Canada)|
|Standard Equipment|| Operator's Manual, Cookbook, 40 lbs. of Pellets, Casters, and a Spice Kit containing: 1 gal. Spicy Barbecue Sauce, 1 gal. Mild Barbecue Sauce, 5 lbs. Brisket Rub, 5 lbs. RibRub, 5 lbs. Spicy Chicken Rub, 10 oz. Chili Mix, and 10 oz. Spicy Barbecue Sauce Mix.|
|Optional Equipment|| |
|Shipping Weight|| lbs.|
- Pellets are a "green" renewable fuel source -- the FEC120 uses no gas! ´Fast start up, continuous even heat, and precise temperature control give you consistently delicious barbecue. There is no gas flavor aftertaste to overcome.
- Cookshack's proprietary IQ4 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use, and gives you consistent results with every load. Its cook and hold feature is standard on all commercial Cookshack and FEC models. When the smoke-cook cycle has finished, the controller drops automatically to the hold temperature.
- The FEC120's optional meat probe allows user to specify a smoke-cook temperature. When the temperature is reached, the smoker automatically drops into a hold cycle.
- Electronically-controlled temperature eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat. Patented automatic wood pellet stoker-fed system is operated by the IQ4 controller. It knows when the smoker needs more fuel; you can go away and leave it to do its job without your attention.
- Easy, flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC rapidly up to smoking temperature. Burners stay on when doors are opened; heat recovery occurs in as little as 10 minutes. Some other smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up. This affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Flip a switch to auto-start; no tending a fire — cooks overnight with no attention needed.
- Consistent flavor results! With the FEC's precisely regulated patented wood delivery system there is no chance of an employee adding more wood and changing the flavor of the meat.
- Because the FEC120 is 100% wood burning, for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. In gas stickburners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added, wood must be added as well. Since product is cooking while new wood is added, flavor is affected.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up. The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- No professional set up required — just roll it in place and get started!
- The FEC120's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This tough smoker is built on a steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use Spin-Glas™ insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC120's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation — no fire danger (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
FEC 120, 11/16/2011
I could not be happier with performance of this unit. I have done nearly 2 dozen cooks of butts, brisket, turkey, chicken and ribs. Turns out great bark on the butts and briskets along with a beautiful smoke ring.
FEC 120, 11/2/2012
I'm very pleased with my FEC 120. I have a little problem initially (affected by the cold outside temp) with the panel buttons not working, but customer care/technical support got me on the right track and I was up and going. I filled it with about 100 lbs of pork shoulder and was surprised that it smoked/cooked faster than I have anticipated which was a nice surprise. As I tell my friends, I'm so impressed with it that -- I want another one!!!
Love this smoker, 7/18/2013
Love this smoker. Smokes great, bark is beautiful and flavor is awesome. It is so easy to use and built to last quality. Very well insulated and really like the ease of the controls. Cookshack Pellet smoker is the only way to go!
Wanna win???, 12/9/2013
If you cannot turn out Award Winning BBQ with this unit, just hang up your apron. It does everything but brine and rub the meat for you! I am a classically trained French Chef, which means I knew ZERO about BBQ. My Uncle Kip won the Kansas Grand Championship with a Cookshack and turned me on to this company. I did a little reading on BBQ, did A LOT of experimenting with this unit, and couldn't be happier with the final product. Between the ability to control the temp for long hours of low and slow cooking, and the convection effect, this machine is amazingly easy and efficient!
Amazing smoker but needs a fix, 5/20/2014
(San Francisco, California)
Been cooking on my FEC for half year now and it's a really great unit. It surely beats the brick stick burner I built years ago. I'm thinking about a second unit now that our catering business is really taking off. Just waiting for Cookshack to fix the problem with probe mode soon. I really need to use it!