Fast Eddy's by Cookshack FEC500
Fast Eddy's by Cookshack FEC500
The FEC500 gets up to temp in 10 to 15 minutes, features electronically-controlled heat, and an amazing 15 minute heat recovery time. The FEC500 uses 100% food grade wood pellets, which provide pure wood smoke flavor, economically. Ash is cold and is removed by the cupful, rather than the trash-can-full. No more risk of dumpster fires! Because it is 100% wood burning, you won't get gas fumes passing over your meat, which means a much better tasting product than you can get with gas-fired pits. NSF and USDA approved. Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed (USA and Canada) Commercial Cooking Equipment.
|Construction||Double Walled Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior|
|Insulation|| Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas™ Insulation|
|Dimensions|| 66.675"W x 78.5"H x 80.5"D (without optional shelf)|
Firebox/Furnace Door 18.875" H x 17.875" W - located on the bottom right side of the unit
Doors: 21.375" W x 23.375" H
|Cooking Capacity|| 500 lbs. pork butts, 450 lbs. brisket, 150 lbs. ribs, or 70 chickens per load|
|Cooking Area|| 7,352 square inches|
|Cooking Surface|| (15) 11.74" x 41.75" Nickel-Plated Steel Rotisserie Racks|
|Fuel Source|| 100% Wood, Food Grade Pellets|
|Pellet Heat|| |
- Pellet heat is controlled by a fully automatic wood pellet system.
- With continuous use, the FEC500 produces about 8 oz. of ash per 40 lbs. of pellets used. Danger of a fire from removing hot ash and embers is eliminated, unlike log burners that require removal of live coals.
- Pellets are easily obtainable, inexpensive, and easy to store; available in a variety of flavors.
- Pellets are 100% food grade wood; no binders or additives. The pure wood smoke flavor cannot be beat.
- Unlike natural gas and propane, which are fossil fuels, pellets are a renewable resource. Fossil fuel prices are going out of sight; now is a good time to free yourself from depending on gas. Give yourself an 'Atta boy' for going green.
- Pellets leave behind about 3% of ash — a fraction of the 30% ash produced by logs. No more hauling big buckets of hot ash and burning wood coals to the dumpster. In fact, you can empty ash with a saucepan rather than a trash can.
- Pellets produce a clean burn for a better smoke flavor, and they are more likely to pass emission standards requirements.
- Pellets produce low creosote buildup so that the smoker walls require less frequent cleaning.
- Loading pellets into the FEC's hopper is easy — just pour them in right from the bag.
- Storing clean plastic bags of pellets is far more desirable than a dirty woodpile on the premises!
- We have had former stickburner customers report that their health inspectors told them that they had to spray their big woodpile to rid it of bugs, but they could not use the wood for smoking as it had been sprayed! No hassles like this with an FEC!
|Fuel Usage|| 2 lbs. of pellets per hour at 250°|
|Temperature Settings|| 160°-350°|
|Hopper Capacity|| 80 lbs. of pellets|
|Controllers/Firepots|| Cookshack IQ4 electronic control system with one controller and two firepots|
|Electrical Requirements|| 14 amps @ 120 VAC; 72,000 BTU burner; electronically-controlled IQ4 thermostat; auto-start convection fan|
|Certifications|| NSF and USDA Approved, and Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed Commercial Cooking Equipment (USA and Canada)|
|Standard Equipment|| Operator's Manual, Cookbook, 80 lbs. of Pellets, Rotisserie Advance Foot Pedal, Rotisserie Racks, Casters, and a Spice Kit containing: 1 gal. Spicy Barbecue Sauce, 1 gal. Mild Barbecue Sauce, 5 lbs. Brisket Rub, 5 lbs. RibRub, 5 lbs. Spicy Chicken Rub, 10 oz. Chili Mix, and 10 oz. Spicy Barbecue Sauce Mix.|
|Optional Equipment|| Smoke Evacuator, Front Shelf, Trailer Mounting, Pig Pan|
|Shipping Weight|| 1,800 lbs.|
- Pellets are a "green" renewable fuel source -- the FEC500 uses no gas!
- Fast start up, continuous even heat, and precise temperature control give you consistently delicious barbecue. There is no gas flavor aftertaste to overcome.
- Cookshack's proprietary IQ4 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use, and gives you consistent results with every load. Its cook and hold feature is standard on all commercial Cookshack and FEC models.
- When the smoke-cook cycle has finished, the controller drops automatically to the hold temperature.
- Electronically-controlled temperature eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat.
- Patented automatic wood pellet stoker-fed system is operated by the IQ4 controller. It knows when the smoker needs more fuel; you can go away and leave it to do its job without your attention.
- Easy flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC rapidly up to smoking temperature.
- Burners stay on when doors are opened; heat recovery occurs in as little as 15 minutes. Some other smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up. This affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Placing food on rotating rotisserie racks results in more even cooking which means consistent results. No surprises for you or your customers!
- Flip a switch to auto-start, no tending a fire, it cooks overnight with no attention needed.
- Consistent flavor results! With the FEC's precisely regulated patented wood delivery system, there is no chance of an employee adding more wood and changing the flavor of the meat.
- Because the FEC500 is 100% wood burning for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. In gas stickburners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added, wood must be added as well. Since product is cooking while new wood is added, flavor is affected.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up.
- Uses a convection fan for even cooking with less shrinkage.
- For easy loading of product, rotisserie racks are rotated manually with the FEC's rugged cast metal 1HP Linemaster Hercules Heavy Duty Foot Switch.
- Self-closing doors keep your hands free to handle meat.
- The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- No professional set up required, just roll it in place and get started!
- The FEC500's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This tough smoker is built on a tubular steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use Spin-Glass™ insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC500's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation — no fire danger. (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
- Double stainless steel doors give you access to the entire length of the rotisserie shelves.
Ordering is through a secure server, and your purchase comes with Cookshack's Unconditional 30 Day Money Back Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied, return it within 30 days for a refund, credit, or replacement of the smoker. That's it. No hassles, no worries. If you don't like it, send it back. We will cheerfully refund your money, credit your account, or replace the item. So what are you waiting for? (Please note: Customer is responsible for payment of outbound shipping and return freight. We provide packing materials for all returned smokers except Fast Eddy's by Cookshack Models FEC500 and FEC750. Buyers of these units are responsible for packing, shipping and returning these units to us in good condition.) Cookshack's Limited Warranty is as follows: 90 days from date of purchase, parts and labor; 2 years from date of purchase, parts only. Replacement parts are warranted one year from date of purchase.
simply....the best!, 1/4/2012
(lake city, colorado)
I bought the FEC 500 2 years ago for my BBQ joint in colorado. I had mine put on a trailer. let me say, this smoker works perfectly! the only problem i had was a broken drive belt [easy fix]. this smoker puts out consistant BBQ every time. easy to use and tough as nails! last year i was trailering my smoker back to texas and i hit a deer with the smoker going 70mph! it bashed in the housing on the pellet bin, but because its made of thick stainless steel, it protected the blower and auger motors. it still runs like the day i bought it. the FEC500 does everything and more that i ask of it.....you can't go wrong.