Comparing Pellet Grills to Charcoal, Gas, and Wood BBQ Grills
While all BBQ Grills ultimately cook with flame, the fuel source generating that flame drastically impacts the flavor and quality of the recipe. While propane, natural gas, and charcoal can cook, each fuel source also has distinct disadvantages that prevents the full taste and flavor in a recipe from emerging. Their drawbacks:
- First, flare ups frequently occur. The flame is unpredictable, dancing up-and-down. When the flame touches the food in an uncontrolled and inconsistent manner, the food is charcoaled and burnt, degrading the flavor.
- Second, none of these fuels provide the flavor of smoke. Grilling with wood pellets penetrates the food with an intense, smoky flavor, sealing into the food and locking in natural moisture. By cooking with wood pellets, the fuel is consistent and the smoke more flavorful.
- Third, wood pellet grills are safer; there are no gas leaks, no dripping hot coals, and no fuel flair-ups or explosions.
- Fourth, non-wood pellet fuels can actually add cholesterol or calories onto the food product itself.
- Fifth, other fuel sources are expensive to operate. A 20 pound bag of wood pellets can provide more than five times the cooking duration of a bag of charcoal.
- Sixth, wood pellets are most convenient. Other fuel sources need to be constantly tended and monitored. With wood pellets, the grill can be set to the target temperature and then left unattended.
- Seventh, gas and charcoal are not as environmentally friendly as wood pellets. Charcoal and gas are oil based and burn with residue. Wood pellets burn clean from renewable resources.
- Eighth, gas and charcoal lack versatility. A pellet grill is able to BBQ, grill, bake, roast, sear, and smoke.
- Ninth, other fuel sources lack digital thermostat controls, so temperature is harder to set, monitor, and control.
- Tenth, most importantly, is taste. Food cooked with wood pellets taste better over gas and charcoal fueled grills. As a professional chefs practice, wood fire food is more delicious way to cook.
Simply, wood pellets are a superior cooking technology, providing the best cooking platform for BBQ recipes. This is why pellet grills consistently dominate BBQ competitions.
When you realize pellet grills are the best BBQ platform, the next step is understanding how Fast Eddy Pellet Grills are the best pellet grills! Discover why our pellets grills consistently out-cook others now.